The Diagnostic Imaging Department provides a variety of x-ray and ultrasound exams to service in-patients, out-patients and emergency patients. They perform approximately 12,000 examinations per year. Our professional team consists of Registered Medical Radiology Technologists, Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers and Consultant Radiologists. The department is completely digital utilizing Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS) technology.
- General Radiology (x-rays)
- Fluoroscopic Exams
- Gastro Intestinal Tract
- Mammography (Ontario Breast Screening Program)
- Cardiac Echo
- CT Scanner
All imaging exams must be ordered by a Physician or Approved Health Care Professional.
Ontario Breast Screening Program (OBSP)
Hanover & District Hospital offers services for self-referral breast exams through OBSP. OBSP, is a province-wide, organized cancer screening program designed to encourage Ontario residents to get screened. The program screens 2 different groups of people who are eligible for breast cancer screening in Ontario: those at average risk and those at high risk.
Regular screening is important because it can find cancer early, when treatment has a better chance of working. Research shows that people ages 50-74 who get screened regularly with mammography can lower their chance of dying from breast cancer. See if you are eligible for self-referral and find out more information regarding the OBSP.
To ensure a positive scanning experience please;
- Arrive early to register;
- Bring your health card;
- Arrive with a full bladder; and
- Expect to be alone during the medical part of the exam (You will need to make other arrangements for childcare or your exam may be rescheduled. At the end of your routine scan, family can then be invited into the room to see the screen with you.